By visiting our website, submitting information, applying for a job, inquiring about our services, and/or using any of our services, you agree to let us collect and use your Personal Information as described in this Policy. Therefore, before you provide us with any Personal Information, you should read through this Policy in its entirety and understand its terms. We may update the Policy from time to time, so please check it occasionally.
This Policy describes:
- Personal Information We Collect;
- How We Collect Your Personal Information;
- How We Use Your Personal Information;
- How We Share Your Personal Information With Third Parties;
- How We Protect Your Personal Information;
- Ability to Access, Update and Correct Personal Information;
- Changes to the Policy;
- Questions About This Policy.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
LCOR collects information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, to any individual or a household (“Personal Information”). LCOR also collects non-Personal Information that cannot be linked or associated with any individual person or household. When non-Personal Information is combined with other information so that it does identify an individual person, we treat that combination as Personal Information. We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of Personal Information about you, which we have grouped together as follows:
- Contact Information such as name, postal address, email address, date of birth, phone number, and emergency contact details.
- Other Personal Identifiers such as user/account name, social security number, taxpayer identification number, driver’s license number, passport number, government issued identity card or student card, resident identification number, license plate and vehicle information.
- Financial and Insurance Information such as bank account/credit card number, rent or mortgage payment details, insurance policy number, credit history, bankruptcies, and other financial or tax documentation.
- Demographic Information such as age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, veteran or military status, in each case subject to applicable laws. In certain jurisdictions, you may also choose to share with us any disabilities or other health-related restrictions so that we can provide you with adequate accommodations.
- Commercial Information such as utility bills, insurance claimant name and contact information, lease information and rental and eviction history.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information through the use of our websites such as internet protocol address, cookie identification number, information regarding consumer’s interaction with a website, and internet postings.
- Sensory data such as pictures, images and facial recognition;
- Employment, or other professional information such as education, occupation, employment history, job title, university or school attended, diploma, other CV information, pay history, income, net worth.
- Inference Data including inferences drawn from the Personal Information identified above.
If You Do Not Provide Personal Information. Where we need to collect Personal Information by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you, and you do not provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract or services we have with you.
Children’s Privacy. The website and other LCOR platforms are intended for adult use only and is not directed towards children, minors, or anyone under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 13, you are not authorized to provide us with any Personal Information. If the parent or guardian of a child under 13 believes that the child has provided us with any Personal Information, the parent or guardian of that child should contact us at [email protected] to have this Personal Information deleted from our files.
A. HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Information You Provide To Us:
LCOR may collect Personal Information from you that you voluntarily provide to us in various ways, including, but not limited to:
- When you apply or rent at one of our properties, or through other offline interactions (on-site property visits);
- When you create or log-in to your user account;
- When you sign up for services offered at one of our properties;
- When you apply for a job with LCOR;
- When you engage with us;
- Submit a review of an apartment complex or community;
- Contact us with general inquiries via postal mail, electronic mail, telephone requests, and in person; or
- Otherwise interact with the website or other LCOR platforms.
Information We Collect When You Use Our Services
Automated technologies or interactions. As is true of most websites, we receive and store certain types of Personal Information whenever you interact with us online. This information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data. When you access and use our website and platforms from your mobile devices, we receive data from that mobile device. This may include your device ID, location data, IP address and device type. You may manage how your mobile device and mobile browser share location information with us, as well as how your mobile browser handles cookies and related technologies by adjusting your mobile device privacy and security settings. Please refer to instructions provided by your mobile service provider or the manufacturer of your device to learn how to adjust your settings.
Information We Collect From Third Parties
We collect Personal Information from various third parties, including those listed below. The collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Information received from third parties is governed by the privacy policies listed on the website where the information was submitted by the user. Third parties may send their own cookies and pixel tags to you, and may collect information and use it in a way inconsistent with this Policy. Please carefully review these third-party privacy policies to understand how your information may be collected, used and disclosed by these third parties.
Third-Party Service Providers. We collect Personal Information from service providers including payment processors, website hosting providers, package delivery, technology and utility service providers, electronic commerce providers, fulfillment centers, shipping providers, email service providers, SMS marketing providers, review platforms, property management services, background checks and credit check services, and social media platforms.
Third-Party Advertising Partners. We collect Personal Information received from third-party advertising partners, including partners who host and manage various online advertisements and ad platforms. This may be combined with the website analytics data described below.
Google Analytics. We use third-party cookies provided by Google Analytics to assist us in better understanding our website visitors. These cookies collect IP address and usage data, such as the length of time a user spends on a page, the pages a user visits, and the websites a user visits before and after visiting our website. Based on this information, Google Analytics compiles data about website traffic and interactions, which we use to offer better user experiences and tools in the future. For information on how to opt-out from Google Analytics, visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Your ‘Do Not Track’ Browser Setting. Some web browsers incorporate a Do Not Track (“DNT”) feature that signals to the websites that you visit that you do not want to have your online activity tracked. At this time, our website does not respond to DNT signals. Other third-party websites may keep track of your browsing activities when they provide you with content, which enables them to customize what they present to you on their websites.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Purposes For Which We Will Use Your Personal Information
Our primary purpose in collecting Personal Information is to provide you the services that you have ordered or requested with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. We may also use your Personal Information for the following business purposes:
- Engaging with prospective residents and/or current or former residents via email, call, SMS, social media or other form of communication (e.g., providing property tours and contacting prospective residents and residents).
- Collecting and processing applications or contracts and communicating with you regarding your application or account.
- Performing credit checks, background checks, or other screenings as necessary.
- Processing or communicating with residents about payments, performing debt collection, providing maintenance or other on-site services, and managing the property.
- Customize, measure and improve our services and content.
- Communicating with you about our properties and promotions and conducting resident surveys about your experience.
- Collect and process payments and complete transactions.
- Provide the products, services, and customer support you request.
- Verify your identity and account information in connection with products or services you request.
- Provide you with recommendations for products and services that we believe would be of interest to you.
- Assist you with setting up and managing your customer account with us.
- Resolve disputes.
- Troubleshoot problems and support.
- Inform you about our properties, services, updates and promotional offers.
- To customize the advertising and content you see.
- To protect our interests, including establishing, exercising and defending legal rights and claims.
- As necessary to comply with legal requirements, to prevent fraud, to co-operate with law enforcement and regulatory authorities, and to stop other prohibited, illegal, or harmful activities, as well as ensure the safety of our residents.
- For purposes disclosed at the time you provide/we request your Personal Information or as otherwise set forth in this Policy.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your Personal Information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this Policy and with our business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors in order to provide you with our goods and services and perform any contract we enter into with them or you.
Information You Instruct Us to Share. You may be presented with an option on our website to have us send certain information to third parties or give them access to it. If you choose to do so, your Personal Information and other information may be disclosed to such third parties and all information you disclose will be subject to the third-party privacy policies and practices of such third parties.
Service Providers. We may use third-party service providers to perform certain business services and may disclose Personal Information to such service providers as needed for them to perform these business services. Service providers are only allowed to use, disclose or retain the Personal Information to provide these services and are prohibited from selling Personal Information. Business services provided include, but are not limited to, hosting our websites, processing payments, conducting research and analytics, providing on-site services, providing benefits, conducting financial, identity and other legal checks and providing professional advice.
Internal Third Parties. We may share Personal Information with our parent company, successors, assigns, licensees, affiliates, or business partners and others, including where disclosure of your Personal Information is needed to protect the employees, independent contractors, officers, directors, members, users, or shareholders of LCOR who may use the Personal Information for the purposes described above.
Business Transactions. We may do business with third parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. If a change happens to our business, then the new owners may use your Personal Information in the same way as set out in this Policy.
Legal Process. Subject to applicable law, we may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law, regulation or legal process, such as a subpoena; (ii) in response to requests by government entities, such as law enforcement authorities; (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical, financial or other harm, injury or loss; or (iv) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual unlawful activity.
Sales of Personal Information. Like most companies, we allow certain third-party advertising partners to place tracking technology such as cookies and pixels on our websites. This technology allows these advertising partners to receive information about your activities on our website, which is then associated with your browser or device. These companies may use this data to serve you more relevant interest-based ads as you browse the internet. Under some state laws, sharing data for online advertising may be considered a “sale” of information. Except for this sharing, LCOR does not sell any of your information. LCOR has no actual knowledge of any sales of Personal Information of minors under 16 years of age.
COMMUNICATIONS AND OPT OUT
By establishing an account with us as a property owner, resident, and/or business partner or expressing interest in our services, you may consent to receive periodic commercial/promotional email communications from us (e.g., resident surveys). You may opt-out of receiving such promotional communications at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions in a promotional email or by emailing [email protected]. This opt-out will not apply to operational or informational emails related to your account and purchases. You may continue to receive promotional email messages for a short period while we process your request.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
LCOR transmits information via industry standard secure server (SSL). This SSL creates the secure and encrypted https:// website address. When you see the https:// website address, you know the information you are in-putting is protected and secure. While we endeavour to incorporate reasonable safeguards to help protect and secure your Personal Information, no data transmission over the Internet, mobile networks, wireless transmission or electronic storage of information can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. It may be possible for third parties to intercept or access transmissions or private communications unlawfully. Any such transmission is done at your own risk.
ABILITY TO ACCESS, UPDATE AND CORRECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
LCOR wants your Personal Information to be complete and accurate. You represent and warrant that all information you provide in connection with your use of the website will be complete and accurate, and that you will update that information as necessary to maintain its completeness and accuracy. To confirm the completeness and accuracy of, or make changes to, your Personal Information, please contact us at [email protected].
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
LCOR may modify or update this Policy from time to time. We encourage you to revisit this page often to remain fully informed of our Policy or you can contact us at any time to obtain the latest copy of this Policy.
QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS POLICY
For questions or comments regarding our Policy, you should contact us by using the Contact Us form. You can also email us at [email protected] or write to us at:
LCOR Inc. (New York)
1 Penn Plaza Suite 1801
New York, NY 10119
LCOR Inc. (Maryland)
7255 Woodmont Avenue Suite 225
Bethesda, MD 20814
LCOR Inc. (Pennsylvania)
850 Cassatt Road Suite 300
Berwyn, PA 19312
Last Update: March 2, 2022